Sunday 5 January 2014

13 ❁ Deceitful

Celebrity gossip is splashed across the headlines of news articles daily. Usually I tend to ignore the 'who's dating who' and criticism to seemingly provocative outfits as it doesn't grab my attention. and a lot of it is complete lies anyway. 

But when something as shocking as Kesha's eating disorder resulting in self admittance to rehab comes to light I can't help but be drawn to it.

I've decided to keep updated with this particular story and unlike my guess it was her producers comments (not that of not-to-be-named celebrity shalshing blogger) which insinuated her action.

Now I could rant about how digusting and terrifying it is that a single comment like 'refrigerator' can throw someone over the edge but I was overwhelmed and happily surprised at the mass of support and positive comments wishing the singer all the best in her recovery on the article.

Unfortunately the mood soon took a turn for the worse after I caught the attention of this extremely innaproprately placed advert...

 


Now everyone should love there body. Don't get me wrong though, there's nothing wrong with losing a little weight or making changes to your lifestyle to get fitter and,overall, be a generally healthier person. I just feel as though there is so much pressure put on women to look a certain way, subconscious messages imprinted into our heads to make us believe it's the change that will make us happy. We're told what not to put into your bodies and limited to the calories worth you actually can as well as being told to cut down on or eradicate behaviors that affect our body that it literally takes control of people's lives. A balanced diet and active lifestyle will make you healthy but a pig out on chocolate or a cheeky couple of drinks at the end of the week aren't the be all and end all. 

And so I sign of by quoting Steve Maraboli

“Love yourself. Forgive yourself. Be true to yourself. How you treat yourself sets the standard for how others will treat you.” 

❁Always Deanna❁


Disclaimer - as I said news articles aren't the most reliable of sources for factual accuracy but my opinions voiced here are as true to my feelings as it gets.

No comments:

Post a Comment