Thursday 11 July 2013

#6 ❁ Frozen Desert fanatic

Hello again lovelies,

The weather has been marvellous the past few weeks and what better way to enjoy the sunshine than with, my favourite of foods, Ice-Cream! The best part of days like this is when, around five o'clock in the evening I hear a cheery little jingle followed by a familiar van filled with chilled sweet treats perfect for summer!

So an unexpected change in circumstances occurred  a few months back, when the sun had decided to show itself after a long cold winter. Spring had finally arrived. Sat in my room after a laborious day of school I hear one of those cheery jingles. But oh no, this isn't the familiar  'oranges and lemons' chime I'm used to but a new tune of 'match of the day'. I was distraught to say the least and refused to buy anything from the new vendor (which was painstakingly hard may I add). However, knowing me, I cracked and made a surprising discovery in the process. Here my lovelies is what I uncovered from my findings; not all 99's are the same. The delicious cone I was familiar with usually incorporated  whipped cream style ice cream with the chocolaty flake poked on top; this new 99' was composed of Cornish style Ice-cream instead. Flabbergasted by the change (though not complaining, ice-cream is ice-cream after all) I began to wonder, does Ice-Cream vary depening on where you live. Comments would be lovely discussing this topic, I'm really interested to find out ≧◡≦
The one and only 99' Flake
 Overall I think I've learnt a valuable lesson from all of this...
Don't be afraid to try new things, a little change may gladly surprise you!

On another note, I leave for Paris at 4am tomorrow and am no doubt going to order all food a la mode ,old habits die hard I suppose ;) I'll try and post some pictures from the weekend adventure soon after I return xxx

❀ Always, Deanna ❀

p.s. Only now do I realise how serious addiction to Ice-cream must be when I get infuriated by tiny little details like this, hahaha ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment