Friday 28 June 2013

#3 ❁ P. R. O. M

Hiya little lovelies,

So as you may have guessed today is Prom and I'm extremely excited to see everyone again. Everything has gone perfectly as planned apart from the weather. What can you expect though? we do live in Britain after all! Makes not being at Glastonbury an awful lot better, at least I'll be inside and not a sweaty, muddy field :)

Everyone makes such a big deal over Prom night to make it special. The lengths people go to to make themselves look good are ridiculous! Don't get me wrong though I mean, who doesn't like getting all dolled up every once in a while? But I keep getting this horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach worrying like a little kid. I guess I'm just nervous, I'm always get anxious when  put in situations where there's a possibility of being judged. It's like we're putting on one big show with costumes, make-up, weeks of preparations to make opening night, a night to remember. Some people have got their head in the clouds over the whole thing, living in some sort of daydream. I've watched a ton of Prom themed films over the past few weeks (High school Musical 3 and Perks of being a Wallflower included) and many of the scenes are pretty similar to plans I've heard people discussing. I hate to break it, but life isn't a movie. Copying other peoples ideas won't make you happy, you've got to live in the moment, take opportunities as a great man once said
'life is a roller coaster, 
you just gotta ride it'

The best thing to do in these times is forget about everything and remember what's important. We're there to have a good time and to be quite honest I shouldn't care what other think because I live to satisfy myself NOT other people! So treat yourself, eat some cake, sing your heart out and shake what your mama gave ya! like so,









❀ Always, Deanna ❀

p.s. I'll post pictures of my dress and the night tomorrow, if i wake up tomorrow that is ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment