Thursday 28 November 2013

11 ❁ November Favourites

So as another month has drawn to an end I thought I'd share with you guys my  favourite things for November. This list covers the the top few but if you want to see a short-list of all my likes, then head over to my Pintrest!

Nail Art
Just a little thing that you can be creative and have a bit of fun with minus the commitment of it being permanent.










Doctor Who
The 50th anniversary special on 23rd was fantastic! I started to loose interest at the end of last series but Moffat has really reeled it back in with a brilliant and griping story line. So excited for Doctor No 13, Peter Capaldi at Christmastime!

Adventure Time
I felt a little excluded from conversation when everyone was making reference to Adventure Time so I made it my mission to start watching it. It discreetly teaches kids valuable lessons which i think is what makes a successful programme and at 10 minutes an episode they are the perfect wind down in a revision break.


Fun Fact- In Scotland
the style of tartan varies
to represent what clan
you're from.
Tartan
If you saw my post earlier this month I got a new tartan dress. I can't help but fall in love with all things tartan this season. I've had this skirt in my wish list for months now and I'm slowly becoming more inclined to buying it. A little different from traditional tartan but it's black & white so will go with anything and it's got kid of a preppy style which I adore



Sailor Shirt
I have been looking for a sailor shirt FOREVER and oh.my.god. I finally found a website that sells them at an acceptable price and doesn't sell them one off (e.g. etsy was the only other option).




We Need Medicine
The Fratellis are my all time favourite band so naturally I downloaded their new album. It's a little different but it has some hint's from their Costello Music era in 'Halloween Blues' and 'Whisky Saga'. Either way I'm loving it!





Submarine
I've wanted to read this for ages but couldn't find it anywhere until I finally, after a fair bit of searching, bought a copy whilst shopping with my sister. I didn't realise until I started reading that it's completely different to the film but I'm enjoying reading it likewise. I love coming-of-age style stories with contemporary, real-life settings and Submarine gives just that.






Les Misérables
So I kinda missed out on the whole release of the movie but I watched it for the first time this month and oh my god what have I been missing out on! The songs may be about how awful peoples lives are but you can sing them  at the top of your lungs with passion,which is always puts a tick in my book. Also i'll be learning about the French Revolution next year in History so technically i'm just getting ahead of the Game. Fingers crossed we get a completely educational trip to see it in theatre ;)
Girlguiding
I've been offered the amazing opportunity to help out promoting Girlguiding at The Clothes Show Live this December. I've been a member of Girlguiding for years but it's only recently that I've come fully understand what it stands for and how empowering it is for girls. I feel so passionately about it, like I'm a part of something  much bigger and I'm willing to promote everything it represents with my heart and soul. I'm also going to have the chance to be a leader for a new guide unit in my region which I'm so excited for, I've got so many ideas to show the girls what they can experience and achieve.

So yeah these are what i've been loving this November. At some point I may makes lists of my favourite albums,books films ect but they'll be in another post on another day. Lastly all I have to say is... bring on CHRISTMASTIME!!!

❁Always Deanna❁

No comments:

Post a Comment