Wednesday 13 November 2013

#8 ❁ I see what you did there

So the other day I was scrolling through Tumblr (as i so often do) and I came across something that looked familiar...

Saint Laurent dress A/W 2013 collection

Now don't get the wrong impression of me, as much as I want to be able to, I can not afford designer brands. I have one designer item which I thrifted, but that's another story for another blog post! Anyway this dress is so familiar as a bought one practically identical to it from Primark a week prior.

Dress ~ Primark (£15)
Bracelet and Charms ~Thomas Sabo
I absolutely adore this cute little number. The contrasting white collar gives it a smart preppy feel, yet the black bow underneeth keeps it's girly feminine edge. I think the colours work really well for A/W but it's such a statement piece that I think it can pull it off all year round. I wore this beaut out to a family dinner and did some lovely tartan nail art to match.
Base ~ The Colour Workshop ~ Red
Stripes ~ Rimmel  London ~ 700 Block Your Green
& 85 London Clouds
Topcoat ~ Maybeline New York ~ 25 Crystal Clear

 The nails have stayed on all week so far and received many compliments so i think i'll try something similar again soon!

So yeah I think it's quite cool how a highstreet shop like Primark will see items in designer runway shows and replicate them to sell in mass to the high-street public.

❀ Always, Deanna ❀

No comments:

Post a Comment